Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Wrong Answer: Week Six Book Release

Wrong Answer 
(book and online series release) 
by author Michael Christopher Blocker.
Edited by Benita Blocker.
2017

Chapter seven

I wake up to a dead phone.  I jump out of the bed to put my phone on the charger and head to the bathroom.  I must have let it die talking to Rainn all last night into the early morning.  I hadn’t been out of her presence a whole ten minutes when I stopped at a red light and called her.  She answered the phone with “you took entirely too long.”

I still can't believe that I am still smiling about last night.  I take a leak. I hop in the shower. I'm feeling on top of the world.  At least, until I realize that I left my ounce at Rainn's spot.  Looks like I'll have to raid my roach bowl.  I'll get my gas later.  As soon as I get out of the shower and walk back into my bedroom, I  notice three messages on my phone. They're from a number that I don't recognize.  I call the number back and Leslie answers the phone. She's Nasty's old flame.  She's calling to tell me that he got arrested last night and needs bail.

I ask how much and she tells me $37,000.00.  I ask her who he killed??  Her response was "Nobody fool, he got stopped for his taillight, and they found two ounces of meth in a secret compartment of his car."  I ask her if she has ten percent of 37K.  She says, "no fool, but you do."  I blow out some air and reply "I'd be a bigger fool if I accept your call again "Beeyotch!" Then I hang up.

The next call came from Rainn to say good morning.  I replied "It is now."  She giggled.  So I asked how my favorite girls were doing.  She said "Gypsy misses you.  She wants to know when you're coming back." I asked "what about you?"  She said "Ditto." I laughed then.  I explained what was going on, and I told her I'll swing through about 3 or 4 pm.  She said she'll be there waiting and we hung up

Now, I have to go and raid my stash away money and see exactly what I have.  I can't let my dude sit up in the "jail hell."  I know what that's like all too good.

I counted a little over seven bands.  Shit! Half of my stash! He had best pay it all back with a little interest.  I put the money in a paper bag and lock up my apartment.  In my ride, I call the jail bondsman.  All of them are sharks, but I guess they got to eat too. I pull up at Richmond County Jail and head straight for the release center.  I've already got my I.D., social security card, and money ready for the processing. I hope this shit doesn't take too long.  After doing a bid, I hate this scene . . .  Damn.



Please tune in NEXT Magnificent Monday for Chapter EIGHT of the book Wrong Answer.  Thanks for your prayers for release and following us!



No comments:

Post a Comment