Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Is Key Community Management discriminatory?

Key Community Management Inc. web page pictured above asks if I am puzzled by the lack of communication and excessive fees?  YES, I am totally displeased with the lack of communication with Key Community Management community manager, Amy Kinney Walsh.

I have never spoken to Amy Kinney Walsh.  Amy Kinney Walsh has never returned my phone calls. Amy Kinney Walsh did not send me a "dated final notice" prior to having their attorneys file a lien against my property.  I even left her a voicemail in December/ January about how I was trying to stabilize my banking situation after being hit with a $44,000.00 levy.  Amy was a new liason for our community.  In my voicemail, I emphasized that I was a former officer of the HOA Board and that I was very informed of the history of our community.  Since I never received a return phone call, I thought that everything was in a pending state until I could get refocused on my HOA responsibilities.

In addition, I knew that Brian and Jamie Darche Warren (a White couple) had received a phone call on August 12, 2010 (pictured above) prior to the Legal lien on December 16, 2010 on their property at  13127 Rosedale Hill Ave. Surely, Key Community Management was going to extend me (a Black woman) the same courtesy of a phone call before submitting my file for formal legal action.

Yet, they did not.  I even asked the attorneys on March 13, 2017 to inform Key Community Management, Inc. that I was disappointed with the absence of a courtesy phone call because I had been waiting for a verification of debt letter.  I did not receive a verification of debt letter from the attorney office until March 11, 2017 despite both email and written requests being sent beginning February 27, 2017.  I had to mail off a return receipt letter around March 2, 2017 because I had not received an email response from the attorney's office.

I did not receive a Key Community Management response from my March 13, 2017 letter until the attorney emailed me on March 30, 2017.

I feel like a victim of discrimination surrounding my race by Key Community Management, Inc of Matthews, NC.  The all White member HOA Board lead by Jamie Darche Warren has had a history of excluding Blacks.  Brian and Jamie Darche Warren were also the couple that introduced and assisted Key Community Management to abruptly take over our Association account from a different management company about a decade ago.  Despite a foreclosure on one of the Association's properties, the Warrens continue to lead our community. Being White definitely comes with privileges in the case of our Association and the community management company, Key Community Management of Matthews, NC.

No comments:

Post a Comment