Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Wrong Answer: Week Four Book Release

Wrong Answer 
(book and online series release) 
by author Michael Christopher Blocker.
Edited by Benita Blocker.
2017
Chapter Five

She suggests we take her vehicle. It’s a nice little Honda Civic. “Cool” I respond, but I also explain that I don’t want to leave my car in the parking lot.  I keep it real with her and explain why.  She says it’s no problem; just come with her.  I go out to her car with her and she drives me to mine, then tells me to follow her.  I end up at her apartment.  She stays in Cherry Tree Crossing, an upscale apartment complex.  I leave my ride at her place and jump in the passenger seat.  I say “Boy, you are a mighty trusting soul, I might be a serial killer or something.”  She asks “Are you?” I say “hell no!” She responds with “You know you’re the same way don’t you?” I ask her what she means. She tells me “Wait until you see my driving,” and with a devious smile she hits the gas.

We spend the rest of the day together feeling each other out.  I’m sprung already, and I just met her.  I haven’t even smoked yet.  Being with her is like walking on a cloud though.  She’s a definite keeper.  We decide to kick it some more, and she has no plans for tonight.  She asks “What about Wild Wings Café? A band that reminds me of Lady Antebellum is performing there tonight.”  “Cool” I respond.  “How about we meet back up at your spot in an hour?” I suggest. She counters with “Why don’t you just chill out at ‘my spot.’ I need to freshen up and check on some things while there if you’re allowed that is.”   I know that she didn’t just challenge me.  I think to myself. I can’t help but to smile.

Her apartment is “banging.” It’s three floors with a balcony in the back overlooking a small lake.  The view is terrific, and I tell her so.  The colors are all wrong for me though.  Too much pink, yellow, and rose.  It’s definitely a woman’s touch.  She looks at me with those intense grey eyes and it’s like she’s penetrating my very soul.  All of a sudden I’m nervous and I ask ”What?” 

She gives me a sly smile and says “I just remembered what you told me was in your car. I have some strawberry-kiwi wraps, and we have about two and a half hours before the show starts at Wild Wings. You get the green, and I’m gonna jump in the shower.”

I tear it down out the door and to my car.  I grab the ounce from under the seat, lock the car, and head back up to her apartment.  I walk in, close the door, and lock it.  As soon as I turn around, sitting ten feet in front of me is one the largest red nosed pit bulls that I’ve ever seen.

I note that it’s a “she,” and she’s not growling or bearing teeth, so I make my way to the sofa SLOWLY.  She looks at the bag in my hand and licks her chops.  So I play it cool and speak.  “Hi there girl, are you hungry?” She instantly jumps up and trots toward me. She sniffs the bag, and I pat her head and scratch behind her ears.  She is a big girl, almost up to my waist.  I notice that she has grey eyes too.  She hops up on the sofa and lays her head in my lap.  I place the bag on the coffee table and continue to pat and scratch her.

After awhile, I sense someone watching.  I look up and see Rainn leaning against the entry way staring at us.  She’s wrapped in a short robe complete with hair wrapped in a pink towel.  Her grey eyes lock with mine, and she says “Gypsy, down.”  The pit immediately hops down with a small whine and trots over to a bean bag in the corner of the room.  Rainn says “she’s so spoiled.  She only likes you because you brought green.”  I smile and say “Everybody likes me; all for different reasons though.” 

She laughs and tells me I can use the shower if I want.  She’ll roll a couple of blunts while I’m in there and then get dressed.  I had to take up that offer.  Everything was going so well. I didn’t want to spoil it and since my apartment water only gets lukewarm at best, I practically ran to the shower.



Please tune in NEXT Magnificent Monday for Chapter SIX of the book Wrong Answer.  Thanks for your prayers for release and following us!


No comments:

Post a Comment