Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Wrong Answer Book Release: Chapter Eight



Wrong Answer 
(book and online series release) 
by author Michael Christopher Blocker.
Edited by Benita Blocker.
2017

Chapter Eight

"Nigga, how and why? That's the two part question that I ask him as we're going to the impound. How and why what? Nasty asks. "How you keep forgetting about your taillight and why did you give them permission to search your car? The only thing he says is "it's called a secret compartment for a reason."  I say "looks like your secret got revealed homeboy." 

We're silent for a few seconds.  

Then we both burst out laughing.  The situation is not funny at all though.  He's facing some time.  They don't play about that ice and meth.  The Feds diligently monitor that market.  I hope that he realizes the predicament he's in.  We pull up at the impound and "B" gets out.  He tells me thanks again, and we give each other a pound.  I pull off and notice that it's about 2:30pm.  Pizza is on my mind so I stop by Papa John's and order an extra large Hawaiian pineapple pizza with ham, chicken, pepperoni, black olives, jalapenos, and extra cheese. I place my order to go and dial up Rainn while I'm waiting.

I ask if she's busy or if she's eaten anything.  She says she was just about finished cleaning up.  Today has been a lazy day. Even Gypsy's been laying around.  I say "yeah, that's how that 'GAS' has you feeling usually."  She laughs.  I tell her that I'm on my way, and I'm bringing pizza.  We disconnect and a few minutes later my pie is ready.  Alot of different thoughts run through my head on the way out to Rainn's place.  

I'm really in no position to try and start a relationship.  I'm still trying to get on my feet.  And it's tougher out here now than it used to be.  At the same time though, realizing that makes me realize even more that I don't want to do this by myself anymore.  I must be getting old or lonely.

Listening to this Rihanna CD definitely has me thinking about life and life choices.  I often call my cousin Carol in North Carolina for her advice and wisdom.  She’s grounded, levelheaded, and caring.  Ever since my parents died, over a year ago, my self worth was about the same as "Logan," Marvel comic’s Wolverine. I was trying to find my way back from an abyss in the middle of nowhere.  She brought me all the way back, wiser, stronger, and ready build a life that my parents would be proud.

As I walk up to Rainn’s door, I immediately stop in my tracks as I hear “Rihanna” playing. I wonder is this fate? Yet, the song goes off. I realize that she must be listening to the radio.  Then before I can push the doorbell, Gypsy goes to barking and scratching on the door. Rainn opens the door.  Looking sexy as hell in tight blue jeans and a white blouse, barefooted of course.  We have to be on the same wavelength or something.  I threw on blue jeans and a white T this morning as well.  She tells me “Come on in stranger or are you waiting on daylight to catch you?”  Both Gypsy and I look at her like she’s being weird.  I say “I don’t know about you, but I’m starving.”

I walk through her doorway.  I place the pie on her kitchen table.  As soon as I do Rainn runs and jumps up in my arms.  I catch her, and she wraps her legs around my waist and kisses me deeply, passionately.  I’m surprised, pleasantly so.  My body immediately starts reacting.  She slips down and starts pulling me to the back by my belt.  I tell her to “hold up for a second” as I open the pizza box and pull out three slices.  I hold them out to Gypsy as I’m pulled past her to Rainn’s bedroom.  In the back of my head is R. Kelly’s “Seem Like You’re Ready.”  I’m gonna approach this with old school finess.


Please tune in NEXT Magnificent Monday for Chapter NINE of the book Wrong Answer.  Thanks for your prayers for release and following us!

#exonerateMichael A mind is a terrible thing to waste!  

No comments:

Post a Comment