Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Trayvon Martin Case: Similar to the Job Market

When it comes to "justice" and "arrests" and "restraining orders" and "communicating threats" - it is about "who you know!"

When it comes to the "job market" - it is about "who you know!"

Examples: 1) The Trayvon Martin case: An unarmed, lightweight young man is attacked during the night and fighting for his life required national organized rallies to bring a "White man whose father is a retired judicial officer" to even be arrested for murder. Zimmerman's father has judicial connections.

2) I had tenants threatening my life (i.e. Communicating threats) by voicemail and by text messages - and the court system tells me that someone else could have been using the tenant's phone. They would not be able to prove it was actually her communicating the threats. However, another associate of mine shared with me that they received a guilty sentence for communicating threats surrounding a "domestic" issue. My associate had more education than my former tenant, but apparently, I was not connected enough in the community to get my charges to stick.

3) I also have seen an associate of mine with "police connections" get restraining orders on their own mother-in-law.

So trust and believe that the court system can be massaged for you or against you.

As far as the job market, employers are now only posting half of their job vacanies.

Less postings mean less potential EEOC charges, and employers have the legal right to fill the unposted job positions with anyone they want - regardless of the person's qualifications.

So I suggest, that young people get an education in order to learn how to communicate and network. Their life and success could depend on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment