Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Closer Look at the Dangers of Cell phone Use

Here is the scenario: I placed my "flip" mobile phone (my secondary phone :-) on my counter temporarily near the handheld blowdryer cord. During a hair service, my client and I both heard the safety button trip on the blowdryer plug which completely stopped us in our tracks because we were not using any electrical tools at the time. Yes, it was a "what the heck?" moment. Then about seven seconds later the mobile phone began ringing. Apparently, the signal transmitting to the cell phone generated enough electromagnetic waves to trip the blow dryer right before receiving the phone call.
This was quite scary for me; a wake up call that our electronic technologies may be more harmful to our health than we think. Of course, the warnings about electromagnetic fields causing cancer has always been around . . . I am now inclined to be more safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment