Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Wrong Answer Book Release: Chapter Ten


Wrong Answer 
(book and online series release) 
by author Michael Christopher Blocker.
Edited by Benita Blocker.
2017
Chapter Ten

Riding down the highway headed home, my mind is really heavy.  What is it that Nasty wants to discuss?  It better be some talk about my money.  I definitely need my bread back. I had to stay over an extra couple of hours this evening just to weld an extra hundred frames.  I need the money to build my stash back up. So I dial up Nasty on my phone.  He answers and asks me where I'm at?  I tell him headed home, and he suggests coming over to his spot.  I tell him in about an hour, I just got off, and I've got some things to check on at my place first.

I make it home, and I go straight to the fridge and grab me a beer.  I need to unwind for a minute. Then I head for the shower. My mind is still really, really heavy thinking about my money that still needs to be replaced, Nasty’s plans to reimburse me, and the past weekend as a whole.  All of which reminds me that I have 100 mollys in my seat cushion.  I've got to get them out of my ride and sell them - at least half of them.  I'm in grind mode again. I've got to stack every dollar.  I can't afford any losses right now. Setbacks are not configured into this equation.  As soon as I am dressed, I call Rainn and tell her what's up. 

I ask her about her day first, then I ask if she needs anything.  I inquire about Gypsy and as soon as I say her name I hear her bark in the background. "You must have me on speaker." "Of course," Rainn responds. I tell her "I'll stop by later and check on her. I'll call when I am on my way because I don't know what Nasty has planned.  Hopefully, it's something about my money. Maybe he'll have half or maybe all of it. I hope so anyway.  I hung up with Rainn, and I go out to my ride.  I hop inside the driver's seat and slide in my Drake C.D. "Jumpman" blasting out of my speakers. 

I pull up at Nasty's pad and soon enough, I'm inside with a glass of Ciroc and pineapple juice.  I'm sitting in the den patiently sipping on my drink while waiting on him to finish his quarrel with Leslie.  She's always bitching about something.  I don't see how he puts up with her constant nagging and whining, especially since she's his main girl.  I don't think she could even be my side chick, too much drama.  

A few moments later, she storms by heading for the kitchen, half naked as usual.  Leslie's a 20 on the scale of 1 to 10 in the "looks" department.  Half Black and half Asian. But her attitude and personality makes her a zero in my book.  Finally, Nasty walks in and throws me a big yellow envelope. I open it and dump the contents out on the coffee table.  There's five stacks and another yellow envelope folded in half.  He tells me that the whole seven was there, but Leslie snatched two.  I jump up to go confront the bitch, but he stops me and says he'll get the last two to me tomorrow or the next day.  I sit back down, and he continues telling me how he's facing this time with the new charge. His lawyer is only talking about "the best deal" and how he can beat the charges.  I feel his pain, and I tell him so.  Neither one of us are high so this whole conversation is too real.  

He says "Since I'll probably be going down the road, I need to stack some money and I could use your help."  I respond with "I'm not sure if they're hiring at my job, but I'll check." He says "Naw fool, I'm talking about a job, but not your job." I ask him what he means? He tells me to open the second envelope.  Before I can grab it though Leslie calls out that if we're hungry we can bring our asses in the kitchen.  It had been smelling good for the last 40 minutes or so, of course, I'm gamed.  I beat Nasty to the kitchen and as soon as I walk in I see nothing but ass bent over, and Leslie pulling a dish out of the stove.  She's making boy shorts look like thongs, the way her ass is chewing them up.  "Put some clothes on I yell!" 

"Nigga, fuck you, stop looking at my ass" she responds. "I wasn't looking at your ass, I was looking up your pussy because it's hanging so low."  She immediately threw one of the oven mitts at me, then she threw the other one because she couldn't think of a quick comeback.  Then she told me to fix my own damn plate.  I couldn't do anything but smile.  I think this is the first time I've seen her at a loss for words.  To savor this moment is out of the question because I'm distracted by the food. 

Shrimp in some kind of creamy pasta sauce. Chicken breast wrapped in bacon, string beans and potatoes, fried not broiled.  And croissants, hot and buttery as hell.  She did the damn thang in that kitchen I tell her so when I finished, she just sticks out her tongue and flips me the bird.

 I reply "Ditto."

Please tune in NEXT Magnificent Monday for Chapter Eleven of the book Wrong Answer.  Thanks for your prayers for release and following us!

#exonerateMichael A mind is a terrible thing to waste!  



No comments:

Post a Comment