Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Wrong Answer Book Release: Chapter Eleven


Wrong Answer 
(book and online series release) 
by author Michael Christopher Blocker.
Edited by Benita Blocker.
2017
Chapter Eleven


Nasty and I return to the den and I open the second envelope.  Inside is two pictures and some blueprints. The first picture is of a three story house.  The second picture is of a Title Pawn Shop near downtown.  In other words, a hot zone.  The blueprints are for the Title Pawn.  I quickly look up from the pictures directly at Nasty and he says "the difference is ninety thousand versus thirty to forty thousand." 

I say "excuse me?"  

He says "Hold up, let me explain." Then he calls for Leslie.  She walks in with a zip bag of gas and some wraps.  The shit is so loud I say "that must be onion weed; I'm on the verge of crying." She says "boy, you stupid as hell" laughing all at the same.  She sits by me and rolls 2 perfect blunts, lights one, takes a few puffs and passes it to me.  I don't know why, but whenever we're together smoking, we always pass to the right.  After I've passed the blunt and Nasty hits it, he continues.  One of Leslie's girlfriends works at the Title Pawn. I'm thinking that's where the ninety thousand is at, but I'm way off though.  

That's when Leslie explains that all Title Pawns keep anywhere from thirty to forty thousand in a small safe in the back of the office.  The safe is small enough for two people to load in a car or truck.  Not a wall safe but a small safe that sits on the floor.  I'm listening and grasping what she's saying, but my mind is wrapped around the 90K.  I say "tell me about the house with the ninety thousand; make it good too, because you know I'm through with burglaries and shit."  

So Leslie then shuts up, and B starts talking.  He states that one of his "clients, a.k.a. one of his other ho’s” who is an interior decorator started free talking one night.  She stayed on the subject of a particular house, her arrangements, and the wall safe that she had seen all the money in.  The wall safe is a walk-in safe.  She says that there is all kinds of watches, jewelry, bonds, and stacks of hundred dollar bills.  This really sounds like it's too good to be true.  And it probably is, but the sweet part is that his "client" mentioned the state of the art security system in this house, and she just happens to know the code to the alarm system, which hasn't been changed since she finished her "decorations."  At least, she doesn't think it’s been changed.  

I'm starting to feel like I'm too high because this shit is too easy to process which in turn makes it hard.  My brain is already throwing in obstacles and wrong case scenarios. I'm probably my own worst critic.  I've already picked out about six problems with this ninety thousand dollar meal ticket.  I have to stop thinking.  If I don't, I'll think myself right out of doing it.  "I need to come down" I say out loud "I think I'm out there instead of up there."  Leslie says "don't let the door hit you on the way out."  I look at her and tell her to "suck it."  

B walks me out so I can catch some air.  While outside he fires up the other blunt, hits it a few times and passes it.  I take it, but I stop short of hitting it.  We are both quiet until I say "Man, I'll hit you up in a couple of days, I have to run some things around first, ya feel me?" He responds with "Let me know something by then, because if you're not in, then I'll have to find someone else.  “This is too sweet for me to pass up." We dap each other then I hop in my Cougar and take off. 

I try to pull the blunt but it is out.  So I place it in the ashtray and dial up Rainn on my phone.  It is going on midnight, and I'm hoping that she hasn't jumped in the bed yet.  She answers on the third ring, and I ask if she was sleeping? She says she was outside with Gypsy.  I ask if it is too late to come over?  She says I should have been over there hours ago. 

 I totally agreed.

Please tune in NEXT Magnificent Monday for Chapter Twelve of the book Wrong Answer.  Thanks for your prayers for release and following us!

#exonerateMichael A mind is a terrible thing to waste!  




No comments:

Post a Comment