Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Wrong Answer Book Release: Chapter Nine



Wrong Answer 
(book and online series release) 
by author Michael Christopher Blocker.
Edited by Benita Blocker.
2017
Chapter Nine

I know I must start back working out.  I feel like I’ve ran a marathon.  To top it off, I got to go to work.  Not just yet though. Right now, I just want to lay here and watch her as she sleeps.  She’s that beautiful.  Picture perfect.  I look around for my jeans, thinking about capturing her essence with my phone.  I don’t know where they’re at though, and I don’t want to move and risk disturbing her.  I reflect back to when she was on top, looking at me while she slowly rode up and down.  Looking up into those grey eyes and watching her face was like time had stopped.  Nothing else existed or even mattered except the two of us joined together as one.  Even the way she tasted was amazing.

My reminiscing was disturbed, and I was brought back to reality by this constant whining sound.  It dawns on me that Gypsy probably needs to go out.  I ease off the bed gently so as not to disturb "sleeping beauty."  I find my jeans and my phone.  I quickly snap a picture, and I go to let Gypsy out.  When Gypsy returns, we both go to the kitchen, she's in search of food and water.  I, on the other hand, am on the hunt for coffee.  I find a can of Folgers and start the coffee machine.  It is about time for me to be out so I can get to work on time. I pour two cups, black, one for Rainn of course, plus my own.  I take them carefully to her bedroom so I can wake her.  As I approach the bedside, I notice her nostrils flaring, and then she opens her eyes, looks at me and smiles. It would appear that the smell of the Folgers wakes her before I can.  She tells me "good morning" and then sings the "Folgers jingle" in a cute and sexy morning voice, " The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup."  We both burst out laughing. 

It's something sexy about being silly in the morning, but I tell her I have to bounce so I can get to work on time.  She tells me to drive carefully and call her whenever I get a break.  I assure her that I will. Before rushing out the door, I take a quick shower and leave giving me enough time to go by my spot and change into a more appropriate work attire.

I clock in with only two minutes to spare. As soon as I'm on the line diligently working, Regina, one of my co-workers starts picking at me "Why are you all smiles this morning? You must be having alot of happy thoughts.  You must share details." I laugh briefly and respond with "I'm sworn to secrecy, if I tell you I'll have to kill you."  She comes back with "Nigga, please, come on and spill it.  I want all the details."  I hit her back with "A gentleman never kisses and tells."  She snaps back with "Nigga, you know you're anything but gentle." Damn near the whole assembly line starts laughing, including me. 

The day is definitely starting out okay.  I hope the rest of the work week will follow suit.  I soon get lost in the rhythm of the work on the production line.  Before I know it, lunch break time comes around.  I take off for the break area.  I've got calls to make.  The first number I dial is Leslie's, to see if Nasty is up and around.  She answers her usual way "whatcha' want fool?" I reply with " Not you, where's Nasty?" She tells me to "hold on while she fetches him, then hangs up on me. 

 "Stank ass bitch" as I mumble to myself.  I dial the number again. This time B answers the phone, and we make plans to meet up later on in the evening.  He tells me that he has something important to discuss with me.  I ask him what it concerns? He just says it has something to do with one of my old expertise.  I'm definitely curious as to what he's talking about.  We hang up, and I call Rainn's phone number.  The phone rings three times and her voicemail kicks in.  I end the call and hit redial.  I get the same result, and I don't like leaving voice messages.  I'll try again a little later. 

I go to a nearby table and take a seat next to Regina.  She asks if I want something to eat, and I accept the offer.  It seems as though we share lunch on a regular basis.   We're cool like that though.  Sometimes we'll hang out on the weekends. "Clubbing, skating, partying, Regina is just "cool people."  Well, break is over, and it's time to grind on the production line again.

Please tune in NEXT Magnificent Monday for Chapter TEN of the book Wrong Answer.  Thanks for your prayers for release and following us!

#exonerateMichael A mind is a terrible thing to waste!  

No comments:

Post a Comment