Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Clarion Inn Cornelius Business Center Review

 As I was walking around in Cornelius, NC looking for a print shop, I noticed a Clarion Inn.  I walked into the lobby and looked around for directions to their business center.  Then I saw that they had some computers and printers in the lobby area near the front desk that no one was stationed at.  They had a multi-functional Brothers machine in which I placed my original one page letter inside and pressed the "copy" button.

Then emerged a voice from behind the previously vacant front desk:  "Excuse me, which room are you in?"  My reply was "I am not staying here sir but I would be more than happy to pay to make one copy."

His reply:  "Have you printed the copy already?" Then as the one copy feed out of the machine, I replied "Well, yes, it looks like the copy has now printed."  It wasn't the fastest little machine, but the copy looked good.  The guy says to me that it will cost "$1.10" for that one copy.  I then replied "certainly sir, as long as you can provide me with a receipt."


He spent another five or more minutes typing up my receipt along with my name because the computer system required a name in order to print out the receipt.  The $1.10 receipt for my one page copy is pictured above.

So this guy had to waste one sheet of paper plus the labor to type up the receipt for a one page copy that I took 30 seconds to print and would have only cost me $.11 to copy at FedEx Kinkos.

I did not like his tone of voice.  I did not like his facial expressions nor his body language.  

Maybe others have tried to get free copies because their business center is so exposed to the public without any security settings, but it was my first visit.  I was not pleased with my encounter at this hotel.  I do not know if there was a problem with my race being African American or what, but it is worth making a note of my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment