Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

All About My Pole Dancing Class

Nope, this is not me!  I am at least a year away from being able to do this move!  However, I have had an amazing response from other women interested in knowing how I enjoyed my FIRST pole dancing class.

It is funny because some people were scared of the "pole fitness" class because

1) They thought only lesbians would be in the class
2) Husbands do not like the thought of their wives dancing on a pole.
3) They thought the classes were for stripper training.

So who was in my class?
Well in my first class, you will be happy to know that most of the women were MARRIED to men or straight women like myself.  No Lesbians were present that I noticed.  Plus, I was so focussed on not hurting myself that I was not trying to watch anyone except the instructor and my body position in reference to the pole.

This fact proves that some husbands are completely okay with their wives learning how to dance sensually.

And yes, if you want to advance into an exotic dancer career, then it is your prerogative.  If you just want to be flexible and physically fit, then that is a great fitness goal too!

Gym Smell
First of all, "working the pole" will make you sweat so expect to smell a little sweat as if you were going to a gym to workout.  The pole fitness facility has sprays to keep your pole clean and dry.  Your inner skin is what holds you on the pole.  So, skip the lotions and purchase "custom pole dancing shorts" or  wear your "daisy dukes."

Review the picture at the beginning of this article, can you count all the areas of the woman's body that is supporting her pole position?  Her shorts are also deliberately short to allow her to work the pole.  You should have counted four points of contact for her position.  Did you find them?

Pole Size
There are two different diameters of poles.  Standard and small.  If you have big hands and big feet, then the standard pole should work for gripping.  If you have small hands and small feet like me, then I was assigned to a smaller diameter pole.  You dance barefooted or with stiletto heels.

If you bruise easy, you may get "black and blue" from your weight and the pressure on your body and knees. At least one classmate had some bruising to occur, but I did not.  My knees were a little sore for a half day, but not enough to keep me from going back again!

Fitness Level
The instructor was very supportive. If you are overweight, then she can modify your pole dancing routine to your fitness level.  I was very good at walking sexy around the pole, but any move that required me to slide down to the floor and back up again was done at my own pace. Everyone was focussed on their own pole. I was not worried about keeping up too much.  We did take a few water breaks.  The class is fun if you make it fun.  The class is about fitness.  Some people were focussed on looking sexy. I was focussed on not breaking anything on my body.  You are required to sign a waiver because you could kill yourself if you try advanced pole movement without being properly trained or even ready.

I really enjoyed the instructor, the sisterhood, and the fitness level that the advanced students demonstrated to us.  It was really a cool and artistic experience for me.


1 comment:

  1. Pole dancing is what you make of it. Just as with any type of dancing, you can keep it clean and artistic or you make it provocative and sensual. You learn the sensual side in the class, but at an advanced level, you can become more artistic. This is just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete