Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mobile smartphones: Touchscreen versus Mouse

Mobile phones have come a long way. Looking at the three phones pictures from the right to the left. There's the flip phone then the Blackberry Curve II then a touchscreen smartphone on the far left.

I love my Blackberry for the full keyboard and the email capabilities. However, I typically have to teach others who are used to using touchscreen how to use it.

In order to scroll down to view a coupon sent through email on the Blackberry Curve II, you have to stroke your fingers downward over the mouse button. There is no touchscreen capabilities on this particular Blackberry.

Now, touchscreen users typically move their fingers in an upward motion to scroll down the page on a touchscreen smartphone. This motion is opposite of operating the Blackberry's mouse ball.

I noticed this difference a lot lately so I decided to make an article about it. Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment