Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2012

Meal replacement: A new twist on Oatmeal!


As you know Oatmeal can be a nutritional meal replacement option. Well, I do not cook alot; so finding healthy choices that are tasty and filling are hard to find. I stumbled across this new specialty all natural oatmeal in a local coffee shop. The brand is "Umpqua Oats" out of Oregon. I liked the concept. The fruits and nuts are already dried and mixed in with the oats. You just add hot water from the coffee machine to the designated line on the cup. Put the lid back on the cup. Let it sit for about three minutes. Stir and Enjoy!

I think McDonalds have also added a second flavor to their oatmeal selection.

I think oatmeal is the next new wave of healthy meal replacement. Umpqua Oats come in different flavors as well. I think the coffee shop that I purchased this cup from had about six flavors. The cost was around $2. (two US dollars) Not bad, right?

1 comment:

  1. I have had quite a few people ask about the sugar content. This particular flavor shows 27g of sugar. I was told "single digits" is healthier.

    ReplyDelete