Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Huntersville, NC 2014: Who Eggs Anymore?

So someone egged the side of my Huntersville, NC salon within the last month and a half.  Who? Why?  Eggs are too expensive to buy, and then waste a good egg on the side of a building?   Wow!

Huntersville, NC has been in the news lately because another Black homeowner had her Kay Hagan campaign side burned in her front yard. When the news reporter interviewed her, she mentioned that her campaign signs had been stolen from her yard before but never burned.  She has surveillance footage, but she needs the public to help identify the person.

And on a separate note regarding campaign signage:


I saw these campaign signs of two Black candidates on the ground at the library in Huntersville, NC.  It could have been the wind that caused them to fall down.  Who knows?

Race Relations in Huntersville, NC should be monitored for rising tensions.  I have felt victimized in the past.  I feel victimized now, and I will remain optimistic that community relations will get better.

I was asked recently am I considering leaving the area.  My response for now:  I prefer to deal with the "devil" that I do know versus the one that I don't know. My faith continues to stay in God's Hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment