Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Please Pay It Forward

 I recently filed a small claims action surrounding the unexplained and unpaid gap between my Carolinas Healthcare System termination date and the date that they took action about a month later.  While I was at the courthouse there was a lot of media outside waiting for a verdict in a popular case surrounding  a murder where the victim was shoved into traffic outside of a bar.

As I entered the courthouse, I had an unopened Snapple Mango Madness drink in my purse and security would not let me in with the glass. So I went outside to give someone a FREE unopened Snapple drink and God lead me to a lady who had a sandwich but no drink.  I asked her:  "Would you like a drink?  It is unopened." She said "Yes" and started shouting praises to God.  I was so very happy to make her day.



I was successfully able to complete my small claims paperwork before I returned home to find a letter from Carolinas Healthcare System wishing me continued success in my future endeavors.  What a great day it was!  

Then on this past week, my "Sexy Hair" instructor for my braiding class had the term "Please pay It Forward" tattooed on her arm.  I told her that I love her tattoo.  She said that some of today's youth have no idea what this term means.

What it means to me is that when strangers bless you with a gift, then you need to bless other strangers with gifts as well.

My court hearing against CHS is scheduled for July 2014.  It's not about winning or losing.  It's about standing up for my rights and the right that all people should be given equal employment opportunities.  No one should be discriminated against.  No one should be retaliated against.  No one should be blackballed for standing up for their civil rights.

I sincerely hope that my articles can help others that need a basis to compare their struggle with my CHS ordeal.  I consider my articles a way to pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment