Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 15, 2014

BlackBall Lists Possibly Do Exist at Carolinas Healthcare System

In my unsigned CHS Separation agreement offer valued at around one thousand dollars,  it states " In exchange for the Severance payments and other consideration provided hereunder by CHS, Employee agrees not to re-apply for employment with CHS or any of its affiliates, successors, or managed entities."

Wow!  Carolinas Healthcare System is a network of more than 900 locations and counting.

So regarding over 900 CHS locations, my applications would be "blackballed" if I was to sign this $1000.00 agreement.  Interesting isn't it?

Why would an employer put such a requirement in writing if they could not enforce it?

Hopefully, I was the first and last CHS employee that was given such a "joke" of a separation agreement offer and turned it down.  Also, I am going to give CHS Human Resources' department the benefit of the doubt that this language is standard in ALL of their settlement and separation agreement offers because the value assigned was so poor that they could not have possibly spent any real time thinking this offer through prior to presenting it to me.

Do I believe that a "blackball list" exists at Carolinas Healthcare System?  This language speaks for itself.

1 comment:

  1. I had a person to privately comment regarding this posting. The comment had to do with accepting the money because they felt CHS would blackball me despite the records show that I am eligible for rehire. My counterclaim to this is that for that same $1000 Offer There was a GAG order or a "keep quiet" order. I had way too much to say. Freedom of speech is worth more than a thousand dollars.

    ReplyDelete