Total Pageviews

Friday, April 22, 2016

Introducing Michael Christopher Blocker and Why I'm Fighting for Him


Michael Christopher Blocker in his younger days. 

Me:  (cousin) Michael, I have been told that you were a bit of a hellraiser on the streets.

Michael:  Well, Cuz, that was an understatement. (and he goes on . . . .)

But on a separate note,  I have been told:  "If you can not be good, then be good at it."

The reason why I started this article in this format was because some people still want to judge Michael by his past.  He has matured.  People need to know that.  Sometimes people in general need a little extra time to pull their act together. It's life.  However, they do not need to spend the rest of their life in prison to pull their act together.  Especially not, under false imprisonment.

Now, people probably may ask, why do I have a "dog in this fight?" 

Well, it all began in December 2014.  My dad took me to see my uncle Henry (Michael's dad) who was in specialty care.  My dad was very concerned about his brother's health.  This concern had a domino effect on me.  I was concerned about my dad and my uncle.  It was also on this visit that without my uncle uttering a word, he commissioned me.  Commissioned me for what?  I did not know,  but I knew that he was fighting for his life. Then when he passed six months later, and I did not see Michael at the funeral.  I knew Michael was born, but his name was not brought up besides being listed in the obituary.

I began looking for Michael online in September 2015.  I knew that both of his parents had died, and it seemed like Michael was non-existent. As many of you know or do not know, I have a computer science/software engineering background.  It was my first career. The hair industry is my second career.  I am an honors college graduate. (i.e. I earned all of my degrees.) I saw quite a few cases online where Michael was trying to accomplish something.  I decided to reach out to him with a simple one page letter, and a four page letter came back. His fight became my fight at that point.

There was nothing that made any sense about his trial, sentencing, nor guilty plea for a life sentence.  After reviewing the facts surrounding the case, the burglary was the only thing that was obvious.  Rape and kidnapping seemed far fetched to me.  Then when I received the DNA Report from the GBI and realized that they did not even have a "rape DNA match," I could not believe that he was used as a scapegoat for others to get promotions during the 2008 election year.

But, after reviewing some prominent Augusta, Georgia cases such as the "counterfeiting Masters badges case of 2001/2002," sentencing in Augusta, Georgia has been described as a "confluence of power and privilege" according to Michael Bamberger of the Sports Illustrated Vault.  District Attorney Daniel J. Craig  was also associated with James Lee Davis' case netting in a 30 year sentence for "bogus Master's badges."


Excessive sentencing may be common in Georgia, especially, Augusta, GA, but Michael's life sentencing and trial transcripts that were never authorized are beyond excessive.  It has been simply unbelievable.

Since I have been assisting with Michael's fight, his life was threatened in March 2016 and one of his letters that I sent certified was refused in April 2016 due to a "Master Witness List" that I was returning to him.

He is a "pro se" petitioner who was given his complete discovery file years ago.  He is a non-violent burglar who was framed with rape and kidnapping charges.  He has tried multiple times to get exoneration.  I really believe that his spirit was tired and broken with the passing of his parents and getting one door after the next closed in his face in his efforts to vacate his life sentence.

Michael now has a new hope, and I am dedicated to his release.  It is the right thing to do.

One of my clients mentioned starting a petition on "change.org"  I will keep everyone posted when it is set up.  Thank you in advance for your continued support!

#exonerateMichael


2 comments:

  1. Petition has now started. Please support justice for all.https://www.change.org/p/nathan-deal-hold-widely-respected-judge-danny-craig-accountable-for-framing-michael-c-blocker?recruiter=532225508&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.change.org/p/nathan-deal-hold-widely-respected-judge-danny-craig-accountable-for-framing-michael-c-blocker?recruiter=532225508&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

    ReplyDelete