Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 17, 2016

April 2016: A Letter to President Barack Obama

This hexagram represents of the Star of David and/or Shield of God.

I am choosing this symbol as the start of my letter because of its distinction and because it is a symbol of protection over the six directions circumferencing one's body.

So I begin with Greetings!

Dear President Barack Obama:

As your final term ends, a friend reminded me that I needed to write you.  I figure this letter/article may reach you before you leave your office in the White House.

I have a "non-violent" cousin in prison serving a life sentence for a crime that he did not commit in Augusta, Georgia. I am disappointed that Georgia has no "conviction review unit" like the one that Brooklyn, New York District Attorney Ken Thompson started in 2014.  

I am even more appalled by the insensitivity that people have toward prisoners.  They seem to forget that Jesus was the only perfect man to walk this Earth. I have been told repeatedly that charge stacking for Black men is nothing new.  

When did we, the Blacks, become so complacent about our "brothas" locked up on phony charges? Meanwhile, Wall Street bankers are legally robbing people everyday and are never getting locked up.

This certified letter just got refused  on April 15, 2016 that I sent to my cousin at Telfair State Prison.  I am hoping that means that he will be released soon because all my other certified letters were successfully delivered to him in the past.


Some people may make me out to be the "bad guy" for bringing attention to this matter. However, the FBI has been investigating Michael Christopher Blocker's burglary turned rape case since January 2016 or even as early as December 2015.

Augusta, Georgia's chief judge Overstreet who is retiring soon is probably biased against burglars since he has had his home burglarized a few times between 2008 and 2010 according to media reports such as  http://onlineathens.com/stories/082010/bre_698045051.shtml#.VxOT7dQrJi0

I can only assume that all burglars including the unarmed ones like the one that he killed in 2010 may not get much leniency in Augusta, Georgia.  Now, don't misunderstand me,  I sympathize with all crime victims.  Let us face it - we have all been victims of crimes and wrongdoings at one time or another.  All crime is wrong.

While I do not condone my cousin's past history of being a non-violent repeat offender, my uncle taught him better, and all of that wisdom is what my cousin is drawing upon to persevere through the nightmare of arriving at a prison under the assumption he had a 20 year sentence only to find out he was railroaded into a one way ticket which equated to life without parole.

When the court system does a "magic trick" like that, it is a lesson for everyone to learn from.

Note: "Don't shoot!" This gun is NOT real.  It is a prop.  
This picture was taken in a photo booth prior to 2003.

I debated on including this old "modelling picture," but I decided to do so because "Westerns and outlaws" are a part of history and entertainment.  Even post conviction attorneys have shared with me that "burglary" is NOT a "deadly sin."  My cousin Michael Christopher Blocker WAS a burglar; never a RAPIST, never a KIDNAPPER, always NON-VIOLENT.


So Mr. President Barack Obama,  here are my requests before you leave office:

1) Can you see that EVERY state in the United States of America adds a "Conviction Review Unit" within their District Attorney's offices?  (The court systems currently don't have enough "checks and balances.")

2) Can you see that my cousin Michael Christopher Blocker is exonerated in the state of Georgia? (He should be innocent until proven guilty.  The State never proved him guilty by trial jury of anything in 2008.)

3)  And finally, can you keep me in mind for a job? As a full-time hair professional, my industry changes with the trends.  I need to plan for retirement at some point or another.

Well, thank you for an awesome 8 years of United States Presidency, and these 8 minutes of your time reading this "call to action."  May God bless you, your family, and these United States of America.

With the Kindest Regards,
Benita Blocker
#exonerateMichael

Michael Christopher Blocker's Reference cases:

  • 2007RCCR00181 (Richmond County, Georgia)
  • 2010-CV-2368 (Lowndes County, Georgia)
  • 2011cv00201
  • 2012cv00607
  • (2013) CV 112-168
  • April 2016 certified letter to Attorney General Olens, Tracking number: 7016 0600 0000 8008 0231

3 comments:

  1. I really liked this article and other articles you've authored.

    Would you be OK if I shared one of your articles with the WriterBeat.com community? I can provide more information about Writer Beat or answer any question, but better than anything I can say in words, please take a look at the site.

    If yes, just give me an "OK": and I'll handle the rest (there is no fee).

    Autumn
    AutumnCote@WriterBeat.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link to Judge Overstreet article has been moved. Nothing new with media links in recent years.

    ReplyDelete