Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Carolinas Healthcare System is NOT an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer



"They (Carolinas Healthcare System) were not going to give the (budgeted hairdresser) position to just anyone. (You see) I have a mortgage." -   From The White hairdresser to the Black hairdresser.

I am never going to forget this statement that the White CHS employee told me when I revealed to her that CHS gave her the hairdresser position that I had waited on for five years.

The truth be told - it should not matter if I rent or if I have one mortgage, two mortgages, or three mortgages, Title Vii says that employers should provide Equal Employment Opportunity.

I did not respond to this new White hairdresser, because for her to make such an ignorant statement, meant that me debating with her would be a lost cause.

Well, in the picture above, you will find our 2011 CHS Phonebook listings.  In regards to the listing on the right, I made a copy of the original and scratched out the White hairdresser's real name and business phone number to protect her identity.  My fight is not with her.

As you can see, if you compare my listing to her listing, she was never committed to the Hairdresser position. We have the same department information, but her title, work phone number, and CHS physical address always remained associated with her desk job(s). Within a month of working the hairdresser position, she reduced her work hours and went back to working her Registrar's position part-time at a different Carolinas Healthcare System facility.

Her part-time registrar's position did not carry benefits nor paid time off (PTO).  However, the budgeted hairdresser position DID carry benefits and paid time off.  Between the two part-time CHS positions, hairdresser and registrar, the White employee was getting full-time work hours with full benefits and accruing paid time-off from the work hours of both positions.  Carolinas Healthcare System was giving her a "sweet deal."

I had more seniority with Carolinas Healthcare System than this new White hairdresser, and I had been working as a hairdresser in a PRN status in a non-budgeted capacity for five years.  So Carolinas Healthcare System grants this White woman two part-time positions equalling full benefits, and I can not even get the opportunity to get one budgeted part-time position?

So if you are Black and/or if they assume that you do not have a mortgage, then you may not want to count on getting equal employment opportunity with Carolinas Healthcare System.

Yes, I know, the Chief Human Resource Officer at CHS is a Black woman, and she has been in that position the whole time that I have been discriminated and retaliated against. You can draw your own conclusion on this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment