Total Pageviews

Monday, May 12, 2014

Carolinas Healthcare System Attorney Caution Against Whistleblowing

 Pictured above is a portion of my email to Carolinas Healthcare System attorney from August 2012.

Re: ERISA Investigation- "I would be happy to see other CHS employees get some benefits from my story." -Laid off CHS employee

Pictured below is a portion of the email response from the Carolinas Healthcare System attorney from August 2012.


"I would also caution you against making threats about initiating legal action or investigations in which you have no personal stake." - CHS Attorney

In order to remedy my position of vulnerability, I paid into CHS' MedCost through their COBRA department for a year and a half.  My COBRA coverage was for On-site Care health center visits and for their Employee Assistance Program (EAP).  These two programs are free to active employees, but there was a dollar value assigned to them for COBRA purposes.

Interestingly enough, upon calling into MedCost's main number a few times with various questions, the representatives told me repeatedly that there was no record of me in their system.  Then finally, a representative checked into their COBRA department under MedCost.  They found my records there.  So my checks were made out to MedCost, but the MedCost COBRA records are separate from the regular MedCost records.  So if any legal investigations yield a settlement, I should now be a part of the class action.

I did not accept the separation agreement that was offered for around $1000.00 to never apply to CHS, its affiliates, nor its managed entities.  They are the largest employer in the region right now.  No employee in the healthcare industry would be in their right mind to agree to this employment restriction at only a thousand dollar value. 

As a public, not for profit, multi-billion dollar organization in the healthcare industry, my healing from my traumatizing ordeal in their CHS workplace seems not to be a part of Carolinas Healthcare System's concern.



No comments:

Post a Comment