Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sweepstakes: Gambling in North Carolina

Can you believe this "quick pick" for the Powerball drawing?  44, 45, 46, 47 were four of the six numbers issued on this ticket.  I had to laugh.  As I figured, I did not win anything with this ticket.  It was just interesting to see that the computer can count consecutively.

Anyway, I noticed that the NC Supreme Court ruled that the "Sweepstakes" gambling computer setups are illegal.  Those sweepstakes places were popping up on every corner.  The windows prevented anyone from seeing into the facilities.  They just looked suspicious.  No advertising.  Just word of mouth.  I was beginning to wonder was I the only one noticing that those sweepstakes business centers were becoming the fastest growing franchise that I could see in the metro Charlotte area.

I am happy to know that they were operating legally.   It sounds like those centers will re-open when they find another way around the "red tape."


No comments:

Post a Comment