Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 2, 2019

My Little Taste of London

My phone welcomed me to the United Kingdom.  My travel back to the United States required a layover in London.  Heathrow airport is huge.  It took about an hour to get to the gate for my flight back to the USA.

I flew British Airways.

Nice classic blue leather seats were in Coach class.


British company name

Unlike the other airports, they did not allow up to 70 ounces of travel size liquids for carry-on purposes. All your toiletries had to fit into this special sandwich bag with built-in handles.  So I had to leave all my natural hair products behind in London.  I had checked a bag, but my toiletry bag was too big to stuff into it.  Neither did I know that check-in was so strict.  The gate that I arrived in from Germany was so far from my departure gate in London that it required another full screening of my carry-on's from Germany.

Parts of the Heathrow airport hallways reminded me of an IKEA store.  I felt that it winded visitors around the storefronts through a narrow walkway forcing you to shop as you walked to your next destination. I wished that I had more time there but officially, I tackled three countries in nine days.  It felt like my little taste of retirement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment