Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 9, 2019

My Regional Frankfurt Germany 2019 Adventure

The CineStar movie theater had a separate listing for movies showing in English.  I was able to watch the Mule (English version, no subtitles) in Germany.  They also had the brilliant idea to put their movie popcorn in a box to carry instead of a bag.  Loved the popcorn, the box, and the movie.  Nice architecture of the building too!
Movie Popcorn!


Alot of German buildings are definitely not "cookie-cutter."  They have their own unique flavor. Mountainside.

More and more Architecture the farther I got away from the Frankfurt City Limits.

Windmill energy was also a part of the recycling efforts in the villages in the Frankfurt Germany region.  The villages get more snow.  The snow accumulation pictured is from before I arrived in Germany.  It did NOT snow while I was there.

Germany's electrical outlets are very distinguished.  Thank God that the USB ports are built-in for charging cellular phones.  For any other potential electrical devices that were not already provided in the hotel room, you are probably out of luck.  Thank God I have natural, locked hair. I stayed on the move.

Look close at the sign.  I saw Frankenstein. LOL I passed through on the "long distance" train ride to Kaiserslautern to see a German friend in one of the villages.  The villages do not have homeowner associations either.  Everyone mines their own business.

Elevators had negative numbered floors.

Affordable regional buses are also available.  I took the FlixBus on my return back to Frankfurt City.

Public transportation is definitely built into this city.  Plenty of pedestrians.  Foot traffic drives success of businesses.  This is something that certain cities don't understand.  You need sidewalks.  All cities should force foot traffic for shopping and exercise.  I didn't see any traffic jams in Germany.

Nothing wrong with a little window shopping in Frankfurt City. (Did you smile?)

I watched the Superbowl through the middle of the night because of the time zone.  Frankfurt Germany is six hours ahead.  So I started watching the SuperBowl at 11pm with German commentators.  I didn't understand what they were saying, but singing is singing, and football is football.

Old and new buildings co-exist in Frankfurt City.

Mixed used buildings with residential living and commercial businesses are also popular in Frankfurt City.  As far as people being helpful with directions and assistance,  I found the Germans (in passing) to definitely be more rude and not even wanting to be bothered with the English speaking. Hotel staff was wonderful.  Most tourist attractions are going to be bilingual and friendly.

Common areas/courtyards allow more art showcases. Homelessness was very visible from inside the Frankfurt airport to the Frankfurt city street corners.  Sleeping bags and beggars.  No one was rude.  No one ran them off.  Mine your own business.  Help or don't help. Human beings gave respect to each other.  As far as public water closets or toilets go, they are only in restaurants.  I even had to pay a Euro to use the "water closet" in the train stations in the villages.  Yeah, I was in shock, but with so much homelessness, I suppose they don't need everybody taking a wash in the public water closets.

My hotel room was modern.  The comforter/sheets were "all in one." This was a cool concept.  It has to save on laundry time.  It was the thickness of a sleeping bag, but no zipping.  You just cover up with it.

Yeah, the see-through shower was a cool design.  It is still just a shower for the independent traveller. LOL

I enjoyed the sauna at the hotel too!  My locs loved that dry heat!

As far as hair goes, Germans were NOT wearing any wigs nor rainbow colored hair.  Both my Japanese hotel room and my German hotel room had electric water kettles.  Drinking Tea is built into both Japanese and German cultures.  They also have heads full of hair.  I bought me a electric tea kettle upon my return to the United States.  Notice the electrical outlet. These countries got their own thing going on.  The American dollar is weaker than the Euro currency at this time.  Most businesses are also closed on Sundays in Germany except the restaurants.

The grass is not necessarily greener abroad, but it certainly gives you a better world perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment