Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 21, 2018

January 2018: Montega Bay Jamaica shooting at a Funeral

The views were at a 20,000 views range when I first started paying attention.

After rewatching the video, over and over again, I, myself, would question three people as suspects.

However, I will not elaborate which three because I am not an authority on shootouts.

On a different subject, I did notice how fashion forward the clothes and hair was.  I made the following comment:  "On a positive note, it is good to see so many men and women embracing microlocs.  Sisterlocks, TM, Brotherlocks, tm. Sad to hear about the violence!"


OMG!  The hateful responses began.

OMG! I did not curse anyone.  I remained respectful, but still felt the "hate."

A few people mentioned that because people could not find jobs, people were accepting money to kill others for "petty matters."  I even had to block one person because she literally just made no sense at all.
Then along comes a "White man" with a "fucking shithole countries" comment.  Of course, I am thinking. Here is where the Jamaicans are going to go in on him.


I think most simply ignored the White man's "racist" comments, but one commenter that gave me such a difficult time, actually, had a cordial conversation.


The commenter even wanted me to see how "respectful" to the "White man" he was and totally disrespected me as a "Black woman."


Well, while this commenter did NOT represent the majority of the folks on this thread, I wasted so much time and energy on this dialogue that I felt compelled to create an article on it.

The local paper is the Jamaica Gleaner. "One dead at funeral shooting" is a reference article.


I highly caution people about the Montega Bay, Jamaica destination for vacation.
(I updated my Instagram app; different look)

No comments:

Post a Comment