Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Acrylic Painting on my Own!

Acrylic Painting by Benita Blocker, 2017.

After consulting with an art gallery, I have learned that I am a young artist.  I need to find my niche.

Acrylic painting by Benita Blocker, 2018.

I typically screenshot pictures from the Internet that inspire me to paint.  The colors can vary a little, but I like having a goal in mind.

Acrylic painting by Benita Blocker, 2017.

This butterfly took a lot of time tweaking.  It probably is one of my least favorite paintings.  I have learned that expensive paints on a cheap canvas balance nicely.  Also, cheap paint on a higher quality canvas also balances out nicely.

Acrylic painting by Benita Blocker, 2017.

Eventually, I plan to have a collection of artwork to sell.  I am still learning.  I think that I will be giving these initial paintings away.  I still need to develop a signature look and niche market.  I am trying to decide on colors and more.  I like landscapes and skylines.

Acrylic painting by Benita Blocker, 2017.

Actor JahKing Guillory (can't remember his alias name) took this photo.  I painted with richer colors.  Some people thought that it represented the 2017 Wildfires.  It was not my intent, but I can see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment