Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Wrong Answer Book Release: Chapter 18



Wrong Answer 
(book and online series release) 
by author Michael Christopher Blocker.
Edited by Benita Blocker.
2017
Chapter 18

We get back to Nasty's home, and Leslie is at the door waiting on him. I get out of the car with my bag, look at her, and say "I see the hag is off the broom and standing at the threshold." She says "as always nigga, fuck you". Now, things are back to normal. I tell B that I'll get with him later. We have to get off this jewelry, and it has to be done with the upmost care. Right now, though, I'm thinking of the best place to stash this quarter mill. I pull out my phone and dial up Rainn. She answers on the second ring with "you must have just returned to Earth from some type of deep space travel, that is the only excuse I'll accept." I smile to myself before responding with "the only deep space I'll travel is you, and I haven't returned to Earth since I met you. I don't want to either." She's quiet now.  I only hear her breathing. After a few seconds of silence, she finally asks when I'm coming over? 

I tell her that I have a few more errands to run, but please, believe I'm rushing through this. I ask if she needs anything, and how is Gypsy? She says that she just wants to see me. Guilt starts creeping in again. We say our goodbyes and disconnect. I'll have to tell her sooner or later.  I don't want our relationship to be built on lies, but I'll cross that bridge when i get to it. I pull up to my apartment with relief, hop out and take everything inside. I don't think that I've ever been this glad to be home. I go to the fridge and grab an "Icehouse" beer. Then I head straight to the shower. Thinking ahead has me figuring it's time for upgrades. I need to hide or invest this money. I'm not talking about buying weight and selling dope. I need a way to flip this bread legitimately. I need to talk to Carol, but that's out of the question. I'll have to figure this out on my own. I get out of the shower, change clothes, and grab the backpack. 

I take out $43,000, a pair of diamond earrings, a diamond bracelet, a solitaire diamond necklace, and a Rolex watch for ladies. I place all of this in a separate bag, then i go to the kitchenette and find plastic bags and duct tape. I wrap and tape the remaining $200,000 in stacks of $40,000. I place the five stacks in a paper bag and put the paper bag inside the backpack. I put the remaining jewelry inside a plastic bag, roll it up tight, then tape it tight. I walk to the bathroom, take the toilet top off and tape the jewelry bundle under there. It's almost 2 pm in the afternoon, so I call "Bankers First" and ask to speak to the manager.  I inquire about safety deposit boxes, and an appointment is made for 3:30pm. I figure I'll hide the $200,000 in the bank until i can invest it or something. Then, I'll get it out legitimately. It seems like a good idea, and I can't think of a better one at the moment. 

Please tune in NEXT Magnificent Monday for Chapter 19 of the book Wrong Answer.  Thanks for your prayers for release and following us!

#exonerateMichael A mind is a terrible thing to waste!  




No comments:

Post a Comment