Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Wrong Answer Book Release: Chapter 17


Wrong Answer 
(book and online series release) 
by author Michael Christopher Blocker.
Edited by Benita Blocker.
2017
Chapter 17

We pull up at Augusta Inn, and Nasty goes inside to get a room and card key. Then he drives around to room 106, which is located on the side of the inn away from alot of traffic and away from the main office.  We grab the bags out of the trunk and head inside.  B goes back out to the car for the guns, and when he's back in the room, he makes sure the door is secured by placing the table in front of it, raised up under the doorknob.  He looks at me, gives me a nervous laugh, and says "it can't hurt." 

I shake my head and grab one of the bags, dumping its contents on the bed.  I start counting the twenties first.  B dumps the other bag, and he starts counting too. There's three bags in all and so much money that I'm shaking while trying to count.  I've never seen this much money in my life. After the twenties, comes the fifties, then the ones and fives.  I saved the hundreds for last.  After I count twice, I take a look at some of the jewelry. There's rings, necklaces, all sizes of diamonds, and crazy watches.  Everything looks "top of the line."  I counted out two hundred forty three thousand dollars.  Plus, what I guess is about another sixty to seventy thousand in jewelry. B is still counting, and I ask him if he needs help.  It's almost mid-morning now.  I'm hungry, tired, anxious, and I need to call Rainn.  At least, this is his second count.

When he's finally done, he's counted two hundred and thirty two thousand. He hasn't even looked at his portion of jewelry. It dawns on me that we're in a motel room with over a half of a million in money and jewelry.  I started sweating and immediately went to the window to peep outside.  I'm realizing that this room might not have been a good idea after all. I'm ready to go, and I tell this to B. Perhaps, I'm just being paranoid, but B agrees with me about leaving. 

We repack our spoils, not even bothering to split it up evenly.  B pulls out his phone and calls his client first. He tells her that he has her portion, and he'll meet with her later. Then he calls Leslie and informs her about one hundred and fifteen thousand. Clearly keeping the whole truth from her. I can't say I blame him.  She surely doesn't need to know everything because then she'd be wanting everything. I want to call Rainn and hear her voice, but I won't. We finally load everything back up and leave the Augusta Inn. I ask B where he plans to stop at and grab something to eat, he says he was thinking about hiring a personal chef to come over and make a special dish. I tell him to stop by IHOP for me.  I'm gonna keep it simple.  Hungry as I am right now, an omelet and pancakes is just what I need. And as we drive on, I can't help but to wonder how much my life is about to change for the better. A quarter million dollars better. 

Please tune in NEXT Magnificent Monday for Chapter 18 of the book Wrong Answer.  Thanks for your prayers for release and following us!

#exonerateMichael A mind is a terrible thing to waste!  

No comments:

Post a Comment