Total Pageviews

Monday, June 26, 2017

Wrong Answer Book Release: Chapters 15 and 16


Wrong Answer 
(book and online series release) 
by author Michael Christopher Blocker.
Edited by Benita Blocker.
2017
Chapter 15
No plan is perfect and each plan changes with the job. I spent almost a whole weekend making plans before I finally realized that there's no need. I figured that even though the payoff is BIG, the JOB isn't. It's a simple burglary. The only plan I need is an escape plan. A way out of the neighborhood and out of the city if need be. Nasty and I have to trust that his "client" knows what she's talking about when it comes to the alarm code. Too late for mistakes now. Talking it out with Nasty made me realize that I'd rather be doing this lick by my lonesome. Some people just have to make things difficult. It's like they can't help it. I think I fall into that category sometimes. This job should be a simple in and out. Nasty and I have watched this house for two nights straight. We both know that between the hours of 10pm and 3am, no one's home.

So we're going in tonight around 11:30pm. It's almost 9pm, and I'm anxious as hell. I check my inventory for the hundredth time, making sure I have my locksmith tools and my gun. My gloves and mask are already in my pockets. I'm in all black and so is Nasty. I'm praying that once we're in the house that the safe won't be that hard to get into. We have to be out of there by 2:30am. Cracking safes takes finesse. You can't rush the locking mechanisms. Time is not always on your side. Enough of the second guessing, I gather everything and head towards the door. Nasty's outside waiting,and it's time to get the show started. I hop in the passenger side, and he pulls off. We're not smoking, drinking or even listening to any music. We both have to be clearheaded. I'm staying focused, and I can't lie, I'm a little excited. Hell, who wouldn't be over 90 thousand dollars?

I've imagined several ways to spend the money, and most of them involves Rainn. Thinking of her makes my heart heavy. I had to lie to her about not coming over tonight, and I hated doing that. I'll just have to make it up to her. Right now though, I have to force her out of my mind. We're getting close, and I'm not trying to be distracted. Nasty makes the last left into "Woodgate Homes," and I tell him to ride around the neighborhood first, then circle around the other way. I want to make sure there's no "security" patrolling the area, neighborhood watch and all that. He says it looks all clear to him, and I totally agree. He parks at the end of the next street over, and we both get out and start walking. The moment of truth has arrived.


Chapter 16
Before we get 20ft from Nasty's car, I tell him to hold up. I dash back to his car and hop in. I take the gun out of the middle of my bookbag and place it in the glove compartment. I don't think that I'll need it since Nasty packed his. I get back out and resume walking, making sure the backpack I grabbed is secured tightly to my back. I'm not worried about looking suspicious.  It's late, and it doesn't seem like any of the neighbors are up. 

We arrive at the house and walk straight to the front door like we live there. Nasty unlocks the door and immediately goes to the alarm box and starts punching in the code. At his first try, the light remains red, and I'm thinking his "client" was wrong. On his second try, when the light remains red, I'm ready to make a run for it, but I tell him to take a deep breath and try it again.  

He does and with his third attempt, the light turns green.  He closes the front door, and we walk through the house, checking each room. We work our way up to the third floor master bedroom, and when I finally see the safe, I'm almost mortified.  Its like nothing I've ever seen before. It stands about 7ft and looks like something that should be in the U.S. Pentagon. 

There's a big red light shining about midways on the safe, with a green light right beside it that's dark. I assume it's locked, and I tell Nasty that I'm not sure about this type of safe. I don't see a number touch pad or a turn dial. The only thing that I see is a fingerprint recognition screen, and I don't know anything about those. I walk over to the safe in awe, getting a better look. It certainly is state of the art. I reach out, grab the handle and try turning it left and right. Nothing happens, but when i pull the handle the door opens just a fraction.

I keep pulling, and the door slowly opens all the way. Nasty shines a penlight inside, and both our mouths drop open. There's six shelves inside, four of them are stacked with money and two contain jewelry. I see Rolex, Bulova, stacks of hundred dollar bills, fifties and twenties. There's even a moneybag with Susan B. Anthony dollar coins inside, and they don't even make those anymore. I don't know how much is in the safe, but there's definitely more than 90 thousand. i take my backpack off and start stuffing it. Nasty does the same and within 8 minutes we clean the safe out. Mission accomplished; time to go. 

We go downstairs at a brisk pace trying to move fast, but we can't because the bags are so heavy. Fortune was on our side tonight. We make it out the front door and keep a calm, nonchalant pace as we walk back to Nasty's car. We put the backpacks in the trunk, hop in, and he pulls off. We drive right out of "Woodgate Homes" and not soon enough. Now, we have to go and count this "moolah." Nasty suggests his place. I say "no" to that and suggest getting a room at Augusta Inn. He agrees so that's what we do.


Please tune in NEXT Magnificent Monday for Chapter 17 of the book Wrong Answer.  Thanks for your prayers for release and following us!

#exonerateMichael A mind is a terrible thing to waste!  


No comments:

Post a Comment