Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Review: Patti LaBelle Sweet Potato Pie

The Walmart had about eight "Patti pies" left.  I got me one, and I felt like moonwalking!!!!  In fact, I was so excited that I had to take a selfie with this sweet potato pie.  Finally, the wait was over!!!!


Now, let's simplify the heating instructions!  Either you can transfer a slice at a time to the microwave and heat it up for about 15 to 30 seconds or you can bake the whole pie in the conventional oven for 10 to 20 minutes.  CAUTION: It comes in an aluminum pan so you can NOT put the whole pie in the microwave.

Okay, enough of the logistics part of this review!  So how does it taste????

Well, it tastes like sugar and spice!  It is very rich and moist. It is NOT stringy.  It is very smooth in texture.  Overall, I loved the pie for the $3.98 USD plus tax.  I could not make a sweet potato pie from scratch for $4.00 so it is a "no brainer" purchase if I need a decent sweet potato pie in the future!

Now, in order to start preparing for my 2016 summer bikini body, I did pass the rest of this pie on to some grateful neighbors!  YouTube reviewer Entertainer James Wright Chanel has created the lasting memory of "Patti Labelle pies." They definitely make you want to shout "PATTI!." Also, opening the pie box was a little tricky.  You should watch Jame's youtube review of the pie after you try the pie. His video was even more hilarious after trying the Patti LaBelle sweet potato pie for myself!  This pie was a highlight of my day!


No comments:

Post a Comment