Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 4, 2015

2014/2015 Board for Rosedale Meeting Street Homes


One social event
was scheduled in 2015.  It was a community yard sale, and the flier did not even include an organizer name nor any contact phone numbers.  It appeared to be a social event with an "anti-social" feeling attached to it.

One Board of Directors meeting
was held between January 2015 and August 2015.   Article VI Section 1 states that Board meetings should take place every two months.  Well, that just did not happen.  

Article X of our Bylaws entitles members to review the Board meeting minutes.

One Board member
has announced that she is relocating out of our "hood," and yes, she used the term "hood."  She also could not wait to park back in front of my salon - yet again.


One Board member
seems to have gone inactive by being absent at the few Board meetings held leaving only three directors running our Board.

One of those three Board members,
I actually voted for last annual meeting, and she does not even speak to me when we do see each other in the neighborhood. What a disappointment and appears to be a wasted vote from me.

What can you do as a member of Rosedale Meeting Street Homes?

You can attend our 2015/2016 Annual meeting and election which is approaching soon.

According to the meeting minutes from August 2015, the Board was planning to seek out renters to control the homeowners' monies. Assuming that this Board plans to pull the same stunt that they pulled last year by controlling the vote with absentee ballots of people who were not even present at the meeting, I strongly encouraged members to plan to attend this year's Annual meeting and elect people who will communicate effectively and foster teamwork.

Elect me, Benita Blocker, back to your Board.
I respect our Bylaws, and I am a civil rights advocate for justice.

1 comment:

  1. Results: 9 out of 33 members present. 5 out of 33 members running. Six absentee proxies. Clearly, if you want to be elected, you really need to come in "packing proxies." Overall, I was happy with the turnout. The people elected actually showed up for this annual meeting. No one was hiding like last year. I am disappointed but not surprised that I did not get elected. The leadership will continue to be the same. I will just have to get used to it. No regrets. It is what it is.

    ReplyDelete