Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

My Memorial of My Uncle



Dear Uncle,
After two decades, I finally held your hand again.
I was overwhelmed over the spark in your eyes,
 when I shared with you
 who I was.

I did not initially recognize you
 without your brother
pointing you out to me. 
Eventually, I started to see you 
how I remembered you.

I saw your fight, 
and your willing to exist.
I am so sorry that our healthcare system failed you.
I am so sorry that our family distance failed you.

Please know that your brother loved you so much.
I felt the helplessness that he felt
 as he had no say
 in your continued care.

I was so happy to intervene 
to help him understand 
what was being done and 
what has to be in done in the future.

My dad began to make peace
within himself, and
I found comfort that
the heaviness that we both felt was given over
to a Higher Power.

Often times, I find comfort 
in knowing that my loved ones exist.
So when I find out that they exist no more, 
it hurts.

This world will pass 
so rest in peace until
we meet again.

With love,
Forever,
Your niece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment