Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Inedible Organic Apples

I started buying organic apples because the wax coating used on many of the conventional apples did not blend/chop well for my smoothies.  Unfortunately, the last few organic apples that I purchased from Harris Teeter grocery store seemed great looking on the outside, but the flesh inside was inedible.  I then decided to try Publix grocery store, and they too had great looking organic apples.  However, they too were inedible.

Harris Teeter refunded my money for my bad apple, but I could not find my receipt to return this apple pictured to Publix.  In the picture, this organic apple was cut a few days prior to its picture taking.

There is perfect outer skin on the organic apple.

However, the flesh of the organic apples have been soft and/or grainy.

Averaging $1.49 per pound for pricing, organic apples, according to my research, may be frozen from a previous season.  This may explain why it looks good on the outside but "rottening" on the inside.

2 comments:

  1. I was told by a local farmer that apples can be safely stored at 38° but at 32°, the apples can go bad. If the temperature drops too low, then it is by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete