Total Pageviews

Monday, September 29, 2014

Proper protocol when filling out a check

So do you see anything wrong with the check in the picture?  I purposely covered up personal, irrelevant private information on the check.  I am just focussed on the dollar value and the written text of the dollar value.

Well, the proper protocol for filling out this check is that the $35.00 dollar value should be written out as
"thirty five and 00/100"
versus
 "thirty five dollars and 00/100" which is seen in the picture above.

The word "dollars" is already embedded in the check line so the word dollars should never have to be duplicated.

Of course, you are thinking how petty is this?  Well, surprisingly, I had a "White" vendor who was quite impressed by the fact that I did not handwrite the word "dollars" on my check.  He mentioned that many people duplicate the word "dollars."

I would have never paid any attention to my clients' checks until this particular vendor started making me more conscious of how others write out their checks.

People pay attention to the strangest things.  Don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment