Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Bizarre Sightings Along the Road

A misdirected water sprinkler.

I think a fuzzy vine is climbing up this tree????


I made sure that I did not see the owner of this snakeskin.  Needless to say, I cut my walk short this particular day. 


A stuffed animal/frog with a pacifier attached.  Interesting.  More than likely a family was walking for exercise, and they lost this frog.  May 2015.

This bird was drinking runoff water from my HVAC unit. I was amazed. May 2015.

At first glance, it reminded me of a spider's web, but no, it is someone's hair net that got stuck in the  tree branch. Laughing out loud.

The branches of this tree are the size of a separate tree trunk.  
Someone probably could sleep comfortable in a tree like this.

Pokeweed has fierce red branches from root to the top with dark berries.  It is a wildflower.


I found this huge worm outside my salon door.  I have no idea what its formal name would be.
Maybe a fat green caterpillar?

 As I am walking,  I saw this praying mantis with a few missing legs.


I see wild flowers and wild mushrooms.

And white wild mushrooms.

A Black Widow Spider near the transit bus shelter.


I see "tire" kill.  At first glance, I thought someone had lost their towel because of the fur.  Then I looked closer, and I froze for a minute when I realized that it was not a piece of cloth - it was something more organic.  My first thought was- was this a rat? However, there was no odor.  Then the more I thought about it, I bet- it was a squirrel.  The riding lawnmover probaby ran over it.

Well, this was an English muffin with what appears to be margarine spread on it.  The ants surround the "butter" circle.  I assume they will eventually get to the center of it.  The rest of the muffin looked dried out.


Big green worms

People driving everyday miss so many things, but some would agree - they probably could live without seeing some of these pictures.  I may add other pictures to this article periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment