Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 12, 2013

KW Collard Greens

One of clients introduced this jar of collard greens to me, and they were delicious!  I picked them up from the Healthy Home Market at the South Boulevard location in Charlotte, NC.  They are fully flavored withOUT any meat.  No pork.  No animal fat. No artificial preservatives.  They are also vegan and gluten free.

This 16 oz jar is around 400 calories. (four servings at 100 calories per serving)

The KW Collards are already cooked so I personally just microwaved them for 30 seconds to a one minute depending if you are removing them from the refrigerator or not.

The key ingredients are Collards, Tomatoes, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil among other ingredients.  Also, there is some vinegar present as well, but the amount of vinegar does NOT overpower its taste.

The seasoning in the greens do have a little "spicy kick" to them as well. I do not like too spicy of foods, but I like these collard greens.  The disadvantage for me is the price:  $6  ($5.99 plus tax) for the 16 oz jar.

There is a large jar available for purchase for family servings, but I forgot the price for the large jar. The jar does suggest refrigerate after opening.  Also, use or freeze within seven days after opening.

So choose the jar size based on the number you are wanting to feed.  I feel that the 16 oz jar is enough for two (healthy portion sizes) to three people (moderate portion sizes.)

The Healthy Home Market in Davidson, NC also carries these greens.


No comments:

Post a Comment