Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Signs of a 1990 Abusive Relationship


HE (my rapist)
(Partial Movie quote from Creed 2.)

This article supplements my previous date rape article. There were compounding flags of violence.

Body slam Attempt
I remember trying to resist him as he lifted me over his head similar to the ice skating couples except there was no ice.  Just a front yard.  He was trying to decide whether or not to body slam me to the ground.  I don't remember if my roommate caught sight of the situation or whether he had some decency about him. Regardless, he lowered me safely back to the ground.

Workplace Assault (Fingered in the the Hallway)
He took my virginity on a previous occasion. Therefore, for some reason, he felt my body belonged to him.  So even at the workplace, he took the liberty of licking his finger and then without warning shoved his hand down the elastic band of my uniform bottoms inserting one of his fingers in my vagina. I remember grabbing his wrist, but he maintained control of the situation fingering me from a sense of power not pleasure.
Headlock
A co-worker witnessed him putting me into a headlock attempting to choke me.

Money exchange
A co-worker witnessed money exchanged.  He told our co-worker that I was paying him to have sex with me jokingly knowing it was because he wanted me to cash a check for him.  (Reminder: 1990 timeframe)

On the way to the (rape) location
He said he did not know why he was so violent.  He said he asked his mother was there anything in his past that caused him to be violent. He said his mother told him "no." We even passed by his old girlfriend's house.  He said "this reminds him of the old times."

My younger self wrote very detailed notes.  As I read through the pages,  I could tell that I was clearly trying to sort out this twisted tale of a bad relationship. I even wrote that I could not do anything about the abuse, but I had every right to report the rape.

Fight, Survive, Live

I hope young ladies in questionable relationships see the flags that I refused to see. Your life may depend on it.


Prominence
If the person who allegedly committed the crime is from a prominent family, then they are likely to get a slap on the hand and set free like my rapist. (i.e. #MeTooMovement)

If an alleged victim of an alleged crime is from a prominent circle, then the alleged person charged with the alleged crime is likely to be made an example of regardless of the lack of evidence supporting alleged act.  (i.e. #exonerateMichael campaign)

2 comments:

  1. The digital penetration in the hallway was a separate sexual assault. The first sexual encounter went from consensual to sexual assault after I experienced discomfort. I adamantly told him to stop, sat up, he pushed my upper body back down, and the sexual assault began feeling like a steel rod being shoved inside of me. I remember telling him the next day at our workplace that he caused me to bleed. Even after almost 29 years, I remember. My body remembers. I respectfully request that the Asheville, NC law enforcement and judicial system honors my #round2mark3 campaign granting me my justice. #metoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 2022 #shanquellarobinson case of a broken neck and spinal injury reminded me of the "almost body slam" from my 1990 assailant. It is amazing of all the triggers that I still have from a violent 1990 "situationship."

    ReplyDelete