Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Return to Stand-up Comedy: Benita Blocker

The Whitest Black Woman in Comedy is coming back to the Stage with new material and a fresh attitude.

When I first started comedy about ten years ago, I was working in corporate America, and there was nothing funny about it at the time.  I was trying to use borrowed material.  I felt like a small fish in a big world.

I am now over age 40, and I am a big fish in a small world.  I am full-time self-employed, and funny things are always happening!

I have been performing standup comedy for my hair clients for the last five years or more as I was mastering my hairstyling craft.

Needless to say, I have been quiet for about a decade.  I have a lot on my chest.  So just like Kevin Hart's movie "Let me Explain."

It's time!  Please follow "Benita Blocker" on twitter to see my tour schedule . . . for open mic performances - that is. LOL!  My hair clientele is still my first priority!

Yours in Laughter,
Benita

No comments:

Post a Comment