Total Pageviews

Monday, June 24, 2013

Shattered Tempered Window

One day while in the salon, I heard a vacuum seal "pop" then it was "snap and crackle" for another hour and a half.  My tempered window in the salon parlor doors just shattered for no reason.  It was not hot outside.  There were no signs of anything hitting it.  After researching this strange occurrence, I found people have awaken to their shower doors shattering in the middle of the night.  Apparently, if too much stress is placed on the glass when placed in a framing, then it may eventually give in and shatter.  Lucky for me, the window stayed upright and contained.  It was a scary occurrence initially because I did not know if someone had shot at me or what.  But after a slow inspection and confirming over the internet about glass shattering for no reason, I felt safer.  The glass company said as long as the glass was not missing, then they considered the shattered window secure until it was replaced.  Below is a picture of what the glass did look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment