Total Pageviews

Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20, 2012 Weight and Measurements Check-in

The Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition tv show has been very inspiring. People 400 and 500 pounds have really made a difference in a year. I want to start documenting my weight loss journey. Many people wait until they have met all of their weight goals. We do not see the weight loss journey. Well, I will not be posting my results daily, but I will try to post updates at least once a month. Pictured is my left arm suntanned. (I am walking in the sun alot.)

On a separate note, I measured my right arm to be 27mm of body fat when I pinched from the bottom using the Body Fat Caliper mentioned in a previous article on this blog.
Pictured here is my left leg without a sun tan. Smile. It looks like a huge "chicken leg quarter." (Smiling) Anyway, I could not find any body fat to measure on my legs, but I did measure my hips to be 54" in circumference. My waist is 44". My weight with socks, sneakers, slacks, and a short sleeve shirt is 237 lbs. My right side of my belly/waist had a body fat reading of 42mm according to the body fat caliper.

I did a 14 minutes run/walk today. I burned 100 calories. My exercise speeds varied from 2.0 to 6.0 mph on my treadmill.

A tailored size 6 is my goal size. I am averaging a size 16 in my tops and size 20 in my bottoms. My height is a little over 5'3". I need to lose about six pants sizes. Typically, every 10 pounds, I should shed a dress size. By next month, I want to be 227 pounds with my sneakers on. Let's do it!

1 comment:

  1. So the bad news is that my weight measured 242 pounds. Sad face. Good news though is that my right arm body fat was down to 21mm and right side of my waist shows 35mm which is also down. So I am toning, but not losing weight. I can tell my arms are smaller. My waist measures 43" now. Hips are still 54". So my curviness is enhancing. Overall, this is a good check-in.

    ReplyDelete