Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Absinthe: The Green Fairy

Brand: Absente Absinthe Refined

No, I did not purchase this, but I did receive it as a gift from one of my clients. The directions stated that I needed a sugar cube. I did not have one. So I had been holding onto this bottle for months. Then finally while visiting Kai's Kookies and More bakery, the owner, a college classmate from Clemson University, had some sugar cubes to give to me along with my bakery purchases! Yay!!!
I have to tell you that this drink has 55% alcohol content. Hello! I am good with 5.5% alcohol, but move the decimal point over . . . yes, 55% alcohol.
Well, I followed directions using the Absinthe spoon and the sugar cube, but it taste like cough medicine to me. After a few sips, I decided not to drink the rest. However, I still have the bottle, the absinthe spoon and some sugar cubes left. Smile.
Anyway, my curiosity was aroused about the "green fairy." I found out that the drink is said to have the ability to give you a double intoxication. You may start hallucinating as well.

There is even an independent film in post-production right now called "Absinthe Murders" or something like that. You can check out the trailer for it on the Internet. As for me, I will be passing this one along with some sugar cubes. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment